I have to admit, the total lack of compelling NBA news has been killing me lately. During the season, the first thing I do when I get into work is browse through ESPN.com, Yahoo Sports, and so on to check scores and see what's going on. Now I have to come into work and actually do, you know, work. After all, the constant stream of Allen Iverson trade rumors gets boring after a few months.

Fortunately, I always check
GorrillaMask, which serves as a link dump for loads of really funny stuff (seriously...go check it out). And to my complete and utter astonishment, they linked to a story about Steve Nash shaving his head!!

Nas bald
"Just two more weeks of chemotherapy..."

Um, yeah. Leave it to Steve Nash to go from having the worst hair in the NBA to the worst no-hair in the NBA. Seriously, could a bald head possibly look any worse? People were already complaining about how a floppy-haired white guy just doesn't look the part of a league MVP. I don't think it's going to help now that he looks like Sigourney Weaver in Aliens 3.

Aliens 3
"Fuck. Now I look like Steve Nash."

So what inspired Steve to go all "cancer patient" on us? If you're looking for some profound revelation, there isn't one. According to Nash: "I just cut it. I don't really have a rhyme or reason. I felt like taking it off." Let's just hope for the sake of what we all had for breakfast that his hair is the only thing he randomly decides to take off.

We can understand wanting to lose the hair, Steve, because honestly, it looked like something a jungle cat hacked up after eating an antelope or whatever. But couldn't you have gone for a nice Caesar cut, or...you know...some other kind of hair cut guys get? Did you have to go straight to the Mummified Corpse cut? There has to be a nice inbetween.


Oh well. At least his defenders won't have to be splashed with the sweat dripping of his hair ringlets anymore.
1 Comments:
Blogger laura the tooth said...
that "fresh out of chemo" look just doesn't work for him. steve is balding, so maybe he was just trying to beat his hairline to the punch. it worked for jordan, but not for steve. oh well.